Login

Educated Earth's Official Forum **You Can Login Via Your EEarth Account**

Register Member List Medals

Spam, and You

Topics from health and fitness to genetic engineering.

Spam, and You

Postby AverusBlack » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:03 am

Howdy boys and girls!

As you've no doubt noticed, I'm waging a war against advertising spambots on the forums. Unfortunetely it's getting to the point now where I have to actively seek out the spam names and mod them pre-emptively. I don't like banning people outright, and I won't, but there are other ways to stop bots besides that.

Sadly, this can be a problem if we get a legitimate user who, for instance, is not very good at English.

Most of the time the names of spammers are recognizable as such, easily. They're just jumbles of letters. Sometimes they aren't. IF YOU ARE A LEGITIMATE USER OF THE EDUCATED EARTH NETWORK, AND YOU ARE BANNED FROM THE FORUMS, WE WILL LIFT IT. I have absolutely NO desire to target real users. Seriously. I'll feel bad if I do this by accident.

There are a number of ways one might contact us if this is the case. tsmith at educated earth dot net is one way. We also have a facebook group. We are doing our best to Ion Cannon only the spammers, but mistakes do happen, and I am fully capable of them.

If you are mistakenly banned from the forums, please, don't despair. We really do want you here. We also want to keep the forums spam-free for you, too. Sadly, one of these goals can sometimes intrude on the other. I try my best, like I said, not to get anybody who's a real user of the site, but I'm only human.

Don't hold it against me, OK? :) Unless you're a cylon or something. Then I guess it might be understandable.

That being said, this board is NOT for advertising. Those advertising a product or service without consulting the administration of this forum will have their posts removed, and will probably be banned. This isn't craigslist. Our regular forum members will not have a problem with this, because they know better. Spammers - you have been warned. Keep advertising here, and all you will get is your posts removed, and yourself added to our already extensive list of banned spammers.

Kindly stop wasting our time, your advertisements are NOT welcome here.
Realize
Real eyes
Real lies
AverusBlack
Site Admin

Re: Spam, and You

Postby Nova » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:06 am

Thank you for this post Ave!

On that note, if any community members have a product or service they would like to promote - please contact me! You guys do so much to help Educated Earth, the least I can do is help you on your own endeavors!

Everyone else - a good place to start when it comes to advertising on EducatedEarth is this link.
The Future Is Yours.
Nova
Site Admin

Postby AverusBlack » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:59 pm

Just a quick thank you to Nova, who has finally figured out a way to slow down the constant flood of spammers :)

I won't detail how but it's quite effective, so on behalf of those who do use and read these forums, THANK YOU. Those spammers are really annoying.
Realize
Real eyes
Real lies
AverusBlack
Site Admin

Postby fastRSgold » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:45 am

The Content Hour or so celebration periods originate from Twelve:00AM Three or more:00AM as well as Five:00AM 8:00AM and once again from Six:00PM

Being unfaithful:00PM*.Joymax normal moment (GMT+9)Reach Play Now to leap in the motion!World of Warplanes is often a airline flight battle activity Mmog from the makers

associated with Whole wow gold world of Dive bombs.
fastRSgold

Postby NIGEXIAODIDI » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:45 am

Xbox 360 system units globally have the Xbox Stay internet service.That isn't to convey game titles aren't important. They will quite definitely tend to be, according to every single 'microsoft' representative we have been vocal using because Xbox live Someone's start. Rather, Ms wishes you to think about tv encoding just as one increase of what can you do along with Xbox live hardware. They actually do video games.

lol elo boosting
NIGEXIAODIDI

Postby Agathawu » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:14 am

Certainly which iMfifa Fifa 15 Coins is certainly nearly all just for the newest play even if this electric utility field.

Eventually, my Buy Fifa Coins individual opinion today we have accumulated particularly all the stunning and brilliant contract for e-flowers. http://www.imfifa.com/
Agathawu

Postby Winnienie » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:53 am

"As the New Year is fresh in mind, the dominant question in mind of everyone is, “How will you make 2015 a great year?”
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Buy RS Gold
Winnienie

Like most players however

Postby hongfeng123 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:35 am

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn. Fernando Torres Chelsea Jersey .ca. Hello Kerry, After watching Nino Niederreiter clobber Alex Burrows with an open-ice hit on Wednesday, do you think he should have gotten more than the two minutes for interference. He got him in the head with his shoulder! Thanks,Gary Gary: While I do not like the contact that Nino Niederreiter delivered to the head of Alexandre Burrows one bit, a two-minute penalty was about all the refs could assess on this play under the rules. A more meaningful and deserved penalty to Niederreiter should come his way via a Player Safety Committee review of this illegal check to the head. I watched Mike Milburys take on this play during the NBC intermission of the Rangers-Flyers game last night. Mike didnt agree with the "interference" call since the puck had just left Burrows stick. Beyond that, Milburys comments relative to the Niederreiter hit included, "I dont mind it. I think its more than 2 minutes he should have got." (Which I interpret as no penalty was deserved in Mikes opinion.)I completely agree with one element of Mike Milburys assessment on this play; it was not interference! Nino Niederreiter however should be held accountable for the significant contact he delivered with his shoulder cap to the head of Alex Burrows from the side; which by the way I believe was avoidable. For ongoing player safety this hit, and all similar in nature, need to be regarded as an illegal check to the head in violation of rule 48.2—on a hit resulting in contact with an opponents head where the head was the main point of contact and such contact to the head was avoidable. That can only happen if those responsible for doling out punishment interpret the rule verbiage, "main point of contact" to mean "significant" contact to the head coupled with some/secondary contact with the body. Alexandre Burrows lowered his posture to reach for a puck through the neutral zone. After gaining puck possession Burrows straightened to an upright body position, glided a couple of feet and then released the puck. Nino Niederreiter approached from the side angle position with his skates in a glide and his posture coiled (knees bent and flexed) to deliver a body check that would appear at, least through this setup, to make contact squarely through Burrows body. Just prior to delivering the hit Niederreiter stiffened his legs, thereby elevating his posture significantly upwards towards the head of Burrows. From this strike position, Niederreiter slipped his body just off the center line of Burrows and continued to elevate his shoulder that made significant contact with the head of Alex Burrows. The contact delivered off the center body line and to the head of Burrows resulted in a helicopter freefall for the Vancouver Canuck player. I doubt very much we would even be talking about this play if Nino Niederreiter had maintained a lowered and flexed posture from the setup and approach through contact of his intended hit on Alexandre Burrows. Like most players however, Neiderrreiter made the dangerous decision to increase velocity through the hit by straightening with an upward drive of his legs and shoulder cap that had no other place to connect than the head area of his opponent. Rule 48.1 (i) (ii) (iii) provides lots of reasons to determine whether contact with an opponents head was avoidable. Practically all of these allowances place considerable onus on the recipient/victim of the hit. From (iii) Alexandre Burrows did not "materially change the position of his body or head immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit in a way that significantly contributed to the head contact." The material change in position came from Nino Niederreiter. If the rule verbiage doesnt qualify hits of this nature as a "head pick," at the very least it needs to be acknowledged that significant contact resulted from an illegal hit to the head in an ongoing effort to hold players accountable. Kurt Zouma Jersey . Teague one handed three pointerTheres something to be said about having the nerve to go up and take a shot from downtown late in a close playoff game, but what is there really to say when that shot is one handed? Teague answers that question with a simple Jordan like shrug of the shoulders. Filipe Luis Chelsea Jersey .C. -- J.B. Holmes was a 3-foot putt away from winning the Wells Fargo Championship when he backed away to size up the situation.ATLANTA -- Burch Smith is learning how to pitch without trying to strike out every batter he faces. "Its funny how it works," he said. "I get the most when Im not trying to strike guys out. I just try to keep it simple, just execute the pitch." Smith struck out 10 in seven innings to earn his first major league victory, Chase Headley and Tommy Medica homered, and the San Diego Padres beat the Atlanta Braves 4-0 Sunday. The Braves lead the NL East by 10 games over Washington. Atlanta opens a three-game series at Nationals Park on Monday night, and can clinch the division by winning twice there. Smith (1-1) held the Braves hitless until pitcher Julio Teheran singled to lead off the sixth. Smith allowed three hits and walked two. The rookie made his fifth career start -- he had a 12.41 ERA in his previous starts. He struck out seven of the first 13 Atlanta batters and credited catcher Nick Hundley with calling a good game. "We had a pretty good rhythm going," Smith said. "Actually the only time I shook him off was that first hit off the pitcher. I probably shouldnt have done that." Teheran (12-8) gave up seven hits, four runs, no walks and struck out six in 6 2-3 innings. Manager Fredi Gonzalez pulled him with two outs in the seventh after Burch bunted into a forceout. Jedd Gyorkos RBI single and Headleys 13th homer in the sixth gave the Padres a 3-0 lead. Medica, who homered off Philadelphias Cliff Lee last Wednesday for his first career hit, led off the seventh with his second homer to make it 4-0. Even though the slider he threw to Headley landed in the right-field seats, Teheran didnt regret the pitch selection. "Yeah that was the pitch that I wanted to throw," Teheran said. "I asked him also if it was a good pitch (as Teheran stood at third base in the bottom half of the inning), and he told me that it was a good pitch. I said, OK, you got me this time. " After Teheran left, reliever Scott Downs gave up a double to Will&nbssp;Venable that advanced Burch to third. John Terry Jersey. After pinch-hitter Chris Denorfia walked to load the bases, Downs struck out Gyorko to end the threat. Smith retired the first 11 batters before Freddie Freeman walked in the fourth. Freeman moved to second when Smith made a wild pickoff throw, but Evan Gattis struck out. Padres closer Huston Street pitched the ninth. He gave up a leadoff single to Freeman before retiring the next three batters. Teheran had retired 14 straight batters before Venable singled to begin the sixth. One out later, Venable stole second and scored on Gyorkos single. Gonzalez was disappointed that the Braves bats were quiet most of the weekend. Atlanta scored just three runs in the series and lost two of three. "I thought (Teheran) pitched well enough for him to deserve a better opportunity to win the ballgame, if that makes any sense," Gonzalez said. "He gives up four runs, and Ive seen our club at times score six, and he gets the win. We didnt do that today for him." For Smith, the afternoon couldnt have gone much better, setting career highs in strikeouts, innings and earning his first win. "Its good to get that out of the way," Smith said. "I dont have that hanging over my head anymore." NOTES: In the first six games of San Diegos 10-game road trip, Headley is hitting .364 with three homers and seven RBIs in 22 at-bats. ... Venable, who went 3 for 4, became the 10th San Diego player to have a 20 homer-20 steal season. The last Padre to accomplish the feat was Mike Cameron in 2006. ... Gattis went 0 for 4 and is hitless in his last 15 at-bats. ... Medica has hit safely in his first five games, batting .316 with three RBIs in 19 at-bats. ... Teheran didnt walk a batter for the first time since June 21 at Milwaukee, a span of 13 starts. ... Braves CF B.J. Upton, who went 0 for 3 and struck out twice, is 1 for his last 21. His average dropped one point to .190. Upton has struck out 143 times in 378 at-bats. cheap jerseys from china cheap jerseys ' ' '
hongfeng123

Postby pasban729 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:40 am

Software engineers apply the principles of engineering to the design, development, maintenance, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers or anything containing software work

http://www.test-king.com/learn-language/IELTS.htm
pasban729

Postby newballance989 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:10 pm

While some of these guild invitations could arguably be "legitimate," many of them are nothing more than farming schemes for players to gather eso gold, level guilds, and then sell the guilds -- perks, players and all -- off to the highest bidder. Will the removal of Cash Flow deter this behavior? That's a really good question, and I'm sure we won't see the results until Warlords is released.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
cheap runescape gold
newballance989

Next

Return to Biology & Medicine